Today as I began to talk to God, I told him what I’m most grateful for is PEACE.
Most of us probably already know the scripture Philippians 4:8, but the scripture before and after give us understanding of why it’s truly for our benefit.
- 4:7 – God’s peace trumps human understanding. This is why it really is possible to have peace during really tough life circumstances. During these times we’re often searching for answers; “God, tell me what to do!” When we’re stressed and frantic, it’s very difficult to make wise decisions. But when we rest in God’s wonderful peace, all of a sudden we can hear Jesus’s voice more clearly and he’s able to direct our paths.
- 4:8 – Focus on the good! Be thankful all day and every day. This is includes being thankful for the good in our lives, such as a home to live, healthy kids, a job, etc. But this always includes focusing on Jesus. As I’m sure most of you know, there will be days when it’s difficult to find the positive in our natural realm, but this is when we can set our gaze on Him, the one who saves and redeems, for he is authentic, real, honorable, admirable, beautiful, respectful, pure, holy, merciful and kind. Stay face-to-face, nose-to-nose with Jesus and all else that is not of him will fade away.
- 4:9 – This is why it’s so important to fix our gaze on him! It is so that the God of peace will be with us in ALL things: your home life, your workplace, where you play, where we shop….wherever we go!
If you find that you’re not in God’s perfect peace, reset your gaze on Jesus.
- Ask him to reveal to you where he is right now.
- Ask him to reveal to you how he sees you.
- Ask him to reveal the depths of his heart for you.
- Ask him to reveal his plan for you.
- Then believe…John 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”
I hope you will give this exercise a try. It’s a game changer. It will change your life…you’ll be so happy that you gave it a try!